Protecting the integrity of organic foods
- Organic production rules in the UK are governed by European Regulation 834/2007.
- DEFRA is the Government department responsible for overseeing certification of organic production within the UK and has delegated that role to organic certification bodies.
- OF&G (Scotland) Ltd are the Defra-approved organic certification body responsible for all SOPA members
- OF&G (Scotland) Ltd is accredited by UKAS to the EN45011 standard.
- The OF&G (Scotland) Ltd authorised organic certification mark is GB-ORG-17